The Black Dog’s “Sound of Sheffield” is the first of four EP’s aimed straight at the dance floor, using the sounds of the city to echo Sheffield’s heritage in creating electronic music. These tracks have been fully road tested, built to bring people to the front and forcing them to lose it with abandonment.
Celebrating 25 years of existence, The Black Dog have never lost sight of the dance floor and the pleasure of just being somewhere different entertaining an enthusiastic crowd. After all these years they still take great enjoyment from doing this. In this world of increasing individual invasion, it’s even more crucial to appreciate this space that we still seemingly have to ourselves.
Here’s to the next 25 years
Time for a new single release from us and this time on a joint release with Happa as part of ‘The Green Series’ 12″s from Warp and Bleep.com.
This is very limited edition vinyl which comes in a very tasty package from design collective GiveUpArt and photographer Shaun Bloodworth. Each copy will be presented in a beautifully presented deluxe art package.
Samples, full details and order information are available now exclusively at Bleep.com.
As part of our KickStarter campaign we are going to use the CS X51 to create, mix and master all the tracks on this EP. Well, we say EP but it’s actually going to be more of an album with at least 40 minutes worth of exclusive music. We’re really go to see where the music takes us while documenting the path and process for people to see.
We’ll be presenting a wide spectrum of our styles, tracks aimed at the floor as well as some more ambient and experimental pieces that we’ve been working on. Like Penthouse & Pavement this release is a game of two halves and will be recorded here at Dog Towers.
Be part of the journey and get your hands on this upcoming release by supporting our KickStarter project. With your help, we can create something special and help to bring some manufacturing back to Sheffield.
The Black Dog Werk + Play EP
1. Atavistic Resurgence (Bass Mix)
2. For The Love Of Megatron
3. Forged From SoYo
4. Ov Wires (Vocals By Regis)
6. Northern Grin Eye
7. Liquid Psychotherapy Validation
8. Wrong Pocket
10. Bolt a03293h4
12. Theme For The Socialist Republic Of South Yorkshire
Get this release and back the project here:
[dustv038] Limited Edition 3 x 12″ Vinyl
* Limited edition, only 300 units
* 3 x 12″ on heavy weight 180gsm vinyl
* Free digital download of the album from DustStoreDigital.com
* Two free bonus tracks as digital downloads exclusive to DustStore.com
It’s been a while since we did a Dark Wave mix but we really enjoyed doing this one.
The Black Dog – Dark Wave 10
00. Coil – Teenage Lightning (Surgeon remix) – CDR
01. Function – Voiceprint – Ostgut Ton
02. The Black Dog – Broken Mind – Dust Science
03. Benjamin Damage – Delirium Tremens (tBd Headkicker Remix) – 50 Weapons
04. Noah Pred – Loss For Words (Hrdvsion Boomboom Mix) – Thoughtless Music
05. Lucy – Finnegan (Pariah Remix) – Curle Recordings
06. The Black Dog – Cracked – Dust Science
07. Tripeo – Untitled #4 – Tripeo
08. Trade – Half Nelson – Works The Long Nights
09. Shape Worship- Quilt 2 – Exotic Plylon Records
10. Ital Tek- Hyper Real – Civil Music
11. Tripeo – Untitled #3 – Tripeo
12. Shifted – Trouble – Mote Evolver
13. Inigo Kennedy – Chamber – Token Records
14. The Black Dog – Council Flat Emptiness (LB Dub Corp) – Unterton
Pre-orders for the Darkhaus Vol 1 EP are now available at DustStore.com.
On the fourth Unterton release The Black Dog present a new sound somewhere between House and Techno that The Black Dog call Darkhaus. The original version of “Council Flat Emptiness” is an infectious, futuristic, disco-tinged version of a progressive dancefloor workout bathed in strings, mellow melancholia and heavy bass. This is preceeded by a straight to the point stripped down version that multiplies the hypnotic elements of the original.
On the B-side a 9-minute-30-something Remix from Luke Slater’s L.B.Dub Corp project drives the original into classic Slater territory where Techno and Groove marry and electrify each other.
The Darkhaus series will be released across four volumes and with different labels, with first released on 25 /03/13 through Ostgut Ton’s sister label Unterton and includes a remix from Luke Slater under his L.B. Dub Corp guise. Volume 02 will follow shortly afterwards featuring a remix from Regis. All the Darkhaus releases feature unique tracks, none are repeated on the album mentioned below.
Tranklements is a body of work created as 16 unique and individual tracks. Each one is its own little object, something we’ve created to externalise, explain and express the world we find ourselves in. It encompasses many thoughts, emotions and desires from the last eighteen months. There is an individual story and internal message behind each. They’ve all been discussed and fought for. However, we really don’t want to explain them, we don’t expect those personal rationals to translate to others. We’d rather you gazed upon the objects yourself and come to your own conclusions. Nobody likes to be told what to think.
In many ways our work with the eSC (http://www.electronicsupperclub.tv) project has helped us to reconnect with many things and each other. The creative talent and desires of the younger generation have never gone away. The real underground is still as vibrant as ever, not lost to false values, over-sized egos and ladder climbing brands. We’ve always respected that energy and individuality that exists beyond the bland compliant mainstream.
The truth is we’ve always felt like the awkward outsiders.
The Black Dog – Darkhaus Vol. 01 – 12″ Unterton 25/03/13
A1: Council Flat Emptiness (stripped)
A2: Council Flat Emptiness
B: Council Flat Emptiness (L.B. Dub Corp Remix)
The Black Dog – Tranklements – 3×12″ and CD – Dust Science 20/05/13
1. Alien Boys Bolt No.6 2. Atavistic Resurgence Bolt 11b 3. Cult Mentality 4. Hymn For SoYo Bolt 3533f 5. Pray Crash I 6. Pray Crash II Bolt 57w 7. Internal Collapse 8. First Cut Bolt 9>3 9. Death Bingo 10. Mind Object 11. Spatchka
Bolts are small bits of music that help or disrupt the transition between tracks.