[dustv038] Limited Edition 3 x 12″ Vinyl
* Limited edition, only 300 units
* 3 x 12″ on heavy weight 180gsm vinyl
* Free digital download of the album from DustStoreDigital.com
* Two free bonus tracks as digital downloads exclusive to DustStore.com
“DECAY, most definitely a synonym for the downfall of things and people, but yet also the guarantee that there will be something new. This certainty brings EASE and relief in the end. And since there is a relation between Decay and Decadence, it is just consequent to celebrate this perception.”
The result is “Dark Wave Vol.1″ and is available to stream or download at:
You can now grab it from Soundcloud
Tracklist: The Black Dog – Dark Wave Vol. 1 – Mix
01. Surgeon – Dark Matter – Dynamic Tension
02. Surgeon – Those Who Do Not – Dynamic Tension
03. Shifted – Inside – Mote-Evolver
04. Iori -Lapis One – Prologue Music
05. Sandwell District – Hunting Lodge – Sandwell District
06. Shifted – Control – Mote-Evolver
07. Ozka – Phantomz- Mowar
08. The Black Dog – Bass Mantra – Dust Science
09. Rich Jones – Depth Charge – Soma
10. Trust The Machine – Camshaft – The Public Stand
11. Shifted – Structure – Mote-Evolver
12. Adam Beyer & Alan Fitzpatrick – Human Reason – Drumcode
13. Perc – Start Chopping – Perc Trax
14. Iori – Lapis Two- Prologue Music
15. O/V/R – Post Traumatic Son (Ben Klock Mix) – Blueprint Records
16. Perc – Gonkle – Prec Trax
17. Shifted – Inside – Mote-Evolver
18. Morphosis – Dirty Matter – Delsin
19. Tommyfourseven – Armed 3 – CLR
20. Sigha – Politics Of Dying (James Ruskin Mix) – Our Circula Sound
21. Sigha – Politics Of Dying – Our Circula Sound
22. Space DJs -Traktor Toolz Vol.2 – Potential Recordingz
23. Technasia – Aries (Technasia Hard Mix) – Technasia
24. Darling Farah – Exxy – Civilmusic
25. Morphosis – Spiral – Delsin
26. DML – Forstenried – Broque Records
27. The Black Dog – Black Chamber Order – Dust Science
It’s always a pleasure to do a mix for DC and support what he’s doing with White Noise, everyone who follows us on Twitter knows we start every single Monday morning with a coffee and a listen to White Noise, we are big fans of the show because like Dave we are fans of music. Although you can grab the full mix from us we do recommend that you sign up for the shows podcasts, the links are below, please show your support.
01. Surgeon – Sheffield Muggerscum Out (The Black Dog Remix) – Soma/Dust Science
02. Planetary Assault Systems – Sucktion – Mote Evolver
03 Planetary Assault Systems – Raid – Mote Evolver
04. Lucy and Xhin – LX3 – CLR Recordings
05. Robert Hood – Alpha (James Ruskin Remix) – M-Plant
06. Samuli Kemppi – Suunta – Komisch
07. Function vs Jerome Sydenham – Two Ninety One – CLR Recordings
08. LFO – LFO (tBd Rework) – Warp
09. The Black Dog – Jack Warp – Unreleased
10. OVR – Descending The Left Corner – Blueprint Records
11. Raudive – Total Pure – Wires
12. The Black Dog – Drake Equation – Unreleased
13. Traversable Wormhole – Transducer (Brian Sanhaji Remix) – CLR Recordings
14. The Black Dog – Bass Tunnel – Unreleased
15. Surgeon – Moseley Muggerscum Out (The Black Dog Remix) – Soma/Dust Science
Or subscribe to our Podcast.
We had planned to do a very upbeat DJ mix for this podcast but like many things this month, it just didn’t work out that way. That said, there’s some great picks, enjoy the atmosfear!
01. Chris Carter – This Train – CDr/Soundcloud
02. Brian McBride – Mélodrames Télégraphiés (in B major 7th) Part 2 – Kranky
03. Steven Severin – L’Hôtel Des-Folies-Dramatiques – Cold Spring
04. Public Image Ltd – Radio 4 – Virgin
05. Rameses III – Across The Lake Is Where My Heart Shines – Type
06. Mer Verte – The Green Kingdom – Soundcloud
07. Steven Severin – Glory Forever – Cold Spring
08. Lull – Downwards – Rawkus
09. Loscil – Endless Falls – Kranky
10. Secular Musics Of South Yorkshire – Circus Of Death – CDr
11. Brian Eno – Late Anthropocene – Warp
12. Lous and Bebe Barron – Main Title From Forbidden Planet – Rough Trade
13. Pan Sonic – Vainamoisen Uni \ Dream Of Vainamoinen
14. The Black Dog – Late Night Cabin Fever – Dust Science
15. Greg Davis – Clouds As Edges – Grounded Records
16. Klause Schulze – Melange (1977) – Rough Trade
17. Tim Hecker – The Truth Of Accountants – Alien8 Recordings
Or subscribe to our Podcast.
Have you ever had one of those weeks? Where you seem to get nothing done and everyone else just gets in the way for no apparent reason? Well, last week was one of those weeks for us at Dog Towers. Rather than vent at others, we set the machines to work, enjoy!
01. The Black Dog – Sex
02. The Black Dog – Northern Electronic Soul (Claro Intelecto Snake Pass Mix)
03. The Black Dog – 0093 [Berlin Mix]
04. The Black Dog – Tunnels OV Set (Autechre Remix)
05. The Black Dog – CCTV Nation (Slam Remix)
06. The Black Dog – Magick
07. The Black Dog – Tunnels OV Set (The Bass Soldier’s Manor Top Mix)
08. The Black Dog – Tunnels OV Set (Crookes Mix)
09. The Black Dog – You’re Only SQL [BCN Mix]
10. The Black Dog – CCTV Nation (Redshape Analogue Mix)
11. The Black Dog – Rave
12. The Black Dog – Skinclock (Silicone Soul Remix)
Or subscribe to our Podcast.
Here’s a re-issue of the DJ Set we originally made for DC’s radio show WhiteNoise back in May 2009.
The Black Dog – DJ Set – WhiteNoise: Dave Clarke
01. The Black Dog – Phil 1 Because Ov Indeed – Soma
02. Beroshima – Horizon (Pig & Dan Remix) – Cocoon Recordings
03. Nomadic – High Tone – Touchin’ Bass
04. Ellen Allien – Just a Woman – Spectral Sound
05. Plastikman – Spastik (The Black Dog’s Towel Mix) – Plus 8 Records
06. The Black Dog – Skin Clock (The Black Dog’s Corrupted Mix) – Soma
07. Nathan Fake – The Sky Was Pink (Icelandic Version: tBd Fuck Up)- Border Community
08. Avus – SPNKR Acid Paddle – Border Community
09. Stephan Bodzin – Treibsand – Cocoon Recordings
10. The Black Dog – 0093 (Berlin Mix) – Soma
11. Slam – Azure (The Black Dog’s Corned Beefy Mix) – Soma
12. The Black Dog – CCTV Nation – Soma
13. Carl Taylor – Scanner (Auteform Mix) – Dust Science
14. Christian Smith & John Selway – Total Departure (Cirez D Remix) – Drumcode
Support the artist’s and label’s, buy their shit.
Or subscribe to our Podcast.
Made for kicks in the studio while we waited around for other people to arrive, this mix takes in a few flavours but that’s just what happens sometimes!
The Black Dog - 09. DJ Head Kick
01. Cio D’or – Seide (Tränensalz) – Prologue
02. Lucy & Ercolino – GMORK Dadub Tool – Stroboscopic Artefacts
03. Dinky – Anemik – Wagon Repair
04. Paco Osuna – Looking For V2 – PLUS 8
05. Mark Archer – I Said Funky – DS93
06. DNCN – Kitchener – Dust Science
07. Alec Troniq – I M The Foolaloof (TimsusaVsJanyang Rmx) – Broque
08. Sebrok – Brother, What Time Is It – Paso Music
09. Carl Craig – Darkness – Planet E
10. The Black Dog – CCTV Nation (Slam Remix) – Soma
11. Iori – Dial – Prologue
12. Silent Servant – (Regis Edit) – Sandwell District
13. Terence Fixmer – Electric City – Electric Deluxe
14. Pig & Dan – Organix – Cocoon Recordings
15. Mihalis Safras – There Is A Place (Harvey McKay Remix) – Material Series
16. Carl Taylor – DS27 – Dust Science
Download from theblackdogma.com:
Or subscribe to our Podcast.
This is our final ambient mix for the current podcast series – For this one we each selected 3 or 4 long tracks that would never get picked for a mix under the usual circumstances. Sometimes you just have to let the full track flow to the end and keep the human interface out of the way, so that’s what we did. Enjoy.
01. David Lynch – The Air Is On Fire – Strange World Music
02. Gas – Untitled – Kompakt
03. Pan Sonic – Wanyugo – Blast First
04. Nocturnal Emissions – Clear Bells – Earthly Delights
05. Alva Noto – Prototype 8 – Mille Plateaux
06. William Basinski – Fringe Area – Raster-Noton
07. Labradford – P – Kranky
08. White Rainbow – Awakening – Kranky
09. The Black Dog – Gate 21 – Dust Science
10. Lustmord & Robert Rich – Undulating Terrain – Fathom
11. Chris Watson – Vatnajokull – Touch
Download from theblackdogma.com:
Or subscribe to our Podcast.
Here’s an interview we did with those fantastic people over at mnml ssg. The mixes are also recommended.
UPDATE – This mix was originally featured on the bodytonicmusic podcast and is now available on our feed for those that originally missed out.
01. Brian Eno – An Ending (Ascent) – Polydor
02. Bitstream – Retreat Pod – Pylon Music
03. The Black Dog – BCN 4 – Dust Science
04. Coil – Box Theme – Solar Lodge
05. Pan Sonic – Suhteellinen – Blast First
06. Alex Smoke – Intro – Soma
07. Gas – Untitled – Kompakt
08. Fever Ray – If I Had A Heart – Rabid Records
09. Dave – Wire – Downwards
10. Monolake – Credit – Monolake / Imbalance Computer Music
11. FUSE – Carocell – Plus 8
12. Plastikman – Lost – NovaMute, M_nus
13. Craig Armstrong – Delay – Sanctuary Records
14. Loscil – Cloister – Kranky
15. MLO – Sleeper – Reflective
16. The Black Dog – Delay 9 – Soma
17. Jacaszek – Powoli – Miasmah
18. BMB – All The Saints Have Been Hung – Counterbalance
19. Autechre – Eutow (The Black Dog’s Arvo Alg Edit) – Warp
20. Jarvis Cocker – Lanhydrock – Old Music Box – National Trust
Subscribe to our Podcast.
Download now from Bodytonic:
Download from theblackdogma.com:
Music For Real Airports was successfully launched on the 24th of April 2010 to a sold-out audience at Sheffield’s Millennium Gallery as part of Sensoria Festival. A global tour is now being planned, along with a specially designed installation.
To book or enquire about a live or installation please contact us via this form: Click Here
Music – The Black Dog – http://www.theblackdogma.com
Visuals – Human - http://www.humanstudio.com
Live Footage – Shaun Bloodworth – http://www.shaunbloodworth.com
Still Photography – Pixel Witch – http://www.pixelwitchpictures.co.uk
Music Edit – The Black Dog
Visual Edit – Human
Flickr Pictures – Click Here
Installation Pictures – Click Here
Update – Now added to our Podcast feed for those that missed out when it originally appeared on the FACT Mag website.
We recently finished a new DJ mix and interview for FACT mag. The mix is a follow-up to the “Remixes and Remixed” set released a while back and is comprised entirely of remixes of, or by, The Black Dog.
01. Purity Device – The Thought Police (Bitten By The Black Dog)
02. The Black Dog – Tunnels Ov Set (Autechre Remix)
03. The Black Dog – Dada Mindstab (Live Mix)
04. The Black Dog – Future Delay Thinking (Live Mix)
05. Grievous Angel – Billy Preston (Bitten By The Black Dog)
06. The Black Dog – Floods (Surgeon Remix)
07. The Black Dog – Siiiipher (Bass Soldier Remix)
08. The Black Dog – Northern Electronic Soul (Claro Intelecto Remix)
09. The Black Dog – CCTV Nation (Redshape Remix)
10. The Black Dog – CCTV Nation (Slam Remix)
11. The Black Dog – Skin Clock (Silicon Soul Remix)
12. The Black Dog – Train By The Autobahn (8 Mile Remix by Rob Hood)
13. LFO – LFO (Bitten On The Sly By The Black Dog)
14. Slam – Azure (The Black Dog’s Corned Beefy Remix)
Download Now: http://www.theblackdogma.com/tbd/download-manager.php?id=36
Or subscribe to the Podcast
It’s not often we get asked to play or make ambient sets (Soma asked), in all the clubs we visited over the last 3 years we haven’t seen a single chill out room! It’s a shame they’ve dissapeared because there’s some great music out there that’s not getting the audience it deserves. This mix is to support Music For Real Airports and to show just how wide the spectrum of techno is, we make techno, it’s the only name we need. Enjoy.
01. Hands Swollen With Grace – Dakota Suite
02. Music for Falling from Trees, Pt. 4 – The Dream – Peter Broderick
03. Business Car Park 5 – The Black Dog
04. Flutful – Cluster
05. Unprepared Piano – Coil
06. Palimpsest I – Tim Hecker
07. Piano Aquieu – Stars Of The Lid
08. FallingStars – Variant
09. Glass Ceiling – Fennesz
10. Maalstroom – Matthew Florianz
11. Untitled – Aphex Twin
12. The Kindness In Letting Go – Rameses III
13. Subconscious Worlds – Pete Namlook
14. Pattern 4 – Moritz Von Oswald Trio
15. Lounge – The Black Dog
16. Half Speed Love – Nathan Larson
Download Now: http://www.theblackdogma.com/tbd/download-manager.php?id=35
Or subscribe to the Podcast
Support the artists and labels, please buy their stuff.
1. CCTV Nation (Slam mix) – The Black Dog – Soma Records
2. Azure (The Black Dog’s Corn Beefy Mix – Slam – Soma Records
3. My Untied Hands – Female – Downwards
4. Prima – Danilo Vigorito – Plus 8 Records
5. Argon – Marcel Dettmann – Ostgut Ton
6. Welshly Arms – Harvey McKay – Manual Music
7. Membrane – Kirk Degiorgio – Planet E Communications
8. Paper – Raudive – Marco Recordings
9. Empty Seat Calculations – The Black Dog – Soma Records
10. Back It Up – Martin Buttrich – Desolat
CCTV Nation (Slam Remix) – The Black Dog
Azure (The Black Dog’s Corn Beefy Remix) – Slam
Download Digital Here:
Vinyl Pre-Orders Here (Ships 17/05/2010)
After 19hrs of traveling we hit the stage, it was minus 31 degrees outside! We decided to play a bit tougher/minimal than usual plus we’d also decided to drop a load of new tracks for the first time. We had no idea the set was being recorded but what the hell, here’s The Black Dog live in Moscow.
01. The Black Dog – Northern Electronic Soul [P.1]
02. The Black Dog – Northern Electronic Soul [P.2]
03. The Black Dog – Northern Electronic Soul [P.3]
04. The Black Dog – Mental Ward Sleep Machine
05. The Black Dog – Tesco (Dark House)
06. The Black Dog – Long Walk Home (Dark House)
07. The Black Dog – Park Hill Bombs
08. The Black Dog – Future Delay Thinking
09. The Black Dog – Liquid Kosh
10. The Black Dog – You’re Only SQL
11. The Black Dog – The Process
12. The Black Dog – CCTV Nation (Redshape Analog Mix)
13. The Black Dog – Bass Face
14. The Black Dog – West Street Desire (Dark House)
Download Now: http://www.theblackdogma.com/tbd/download-manager.php?id=33
Or subscribe to the Podcast
Airports have some of the glossiest surfaces in modern culture, but the fear underneath remains. Hence this record is not a utilitarian accompaniment to airports, in the sense of reinforcing the false utopia and fake idealism of air travel. Unlike Eno’s Music for Airports, this is not a record to be used by airport authorities to lull their customers.
The album is a bittersweet, enveloping and enormously engaging listen. It is ambient, but focused. This is not sonic mush, nor adolescent noise. Nor is it a dance album. Much of the raw material of the album was made in airports over the last three years. While on tour, the Black Dog made 200 hours of field recordings, much of which was processed and combined with new music in the airport itself, waiting for the next flight. This vast amount of content has been slowly distilled into a set of particularly evocative pieces of music.
Composed in large degree of drones there is little in the way of beats until half way through – but rhythm is plentiful within the buzzing synthetic warmth. This record is not necessarily a comfortable listen. But it captures the spectrum of emotions stirred by airports. There is tension and disappointment. But there is also romance and excitement. All this on this record.
The Black Dog ? Music For Real Airports ?
1. Cluster – Qua - Nepenthe Music
2. The Bass Soldier- You Still Live With Your Mum EP- Dust Science Recordings
3. Ben Klock – Before One-Label – Ostgut Ton
4. Antonym – Time Passes In Dynamic Culture – Downwards
5. Tropic Of Cancer – The Dull Age-Label – Downwards
6. Pan Sonic – Hinaaja – Blast First
7. Autechre – Treale – Warp Records
8. Fever Ray – If I Had A Heart – Rabid Records
9. The Black Dog – The Vexing Remixes EP – Soma Records
10. Carl Taylor – DS Warehouse Trax EP – Dust Science Recordings
The Black Dog – The Vexing Remixes EP
A1 Northern Electronic Soul (Claro Intelecto – Snake Pass Mix)
A2 CCTV Nation (Redshape Analog Mix)
AA1 Skinclock (Silicon Soul Mix)
AA2 Kissing Someone Elses D.O.G (Octogen Nightdrive Mix)
1. Raudive – Nova – Variance Recordings
2. Alan Fitzpatrick – Static – Drumcode
3. Joy Orbison – Wet Look – Hotflush Recordings
4. Luciano – Hang For Bruno - Cadenza
5. Slam – Azure – (The Black Dog’s Corn Beefy Mix) – Soma
6. Mutt – Conversations – Deepkut Recordings
7. Sub Focus – Deep Space – RAM Records
8. The Black Dog – Tunnels Ov Set (Autechre Remix) – Soma
9. James Ruskin – The Outsider - Blueprint Records
10. Silent Servant – Discipline – Sandwell District
We are planning to release a free (limited time) 4 track EP to celebrate the relaunch of Dust Science.
[dustv017] In The North EP
A1. The Black Dog – Tesco (Dark House)
A2. Carl Taylor – Walk On By
B1. Grievous Angel – Show Love v1
B2. The Bass Soldier – You Still Live With Your Mum
Get your name down on the Twitter or Facebook lists (see Dust & Dog post) or just sign up for the Newsletter. More details, samples and images to follow.
This EP will be free to download (High Quality) from our servers from the 19th of October to the 4th of November 2009. Please feel free to spread the word or add to your site. All that we ask is:
1. You don’t change the contents of the .zip file.
2. You link into the Dust Science site.
3. You include the tracklisting/artists/title somewhere in your post.
4. You take the files down (if you host) on the 3rd of Nov.
1. Superman – Robert Hood – M-Plant
2. Isomer Shift- Kirk Degiorgio – B12 Records
3. Interior – OVR – Blue Print
4. A World Divided – Octave One – 430 West
5. The Setting Sun – Variant – Echospace
6. Sandoz In Dub – Sandoz – Soul Jazz
7. Treny – Jacaszek – Miasmah
8. Pentral – Jacaszek – Miasmah
9. This Is Dark House – The Black Dog – Dust Science
10. In The North – Various – Dust Science
1. Monopod – Podcast By Slam – Free Here
2. Dark Disco – Kenny Larkin – Rushhour
3. We Are Sheffield – The Black Dog – Soma
4. Sans Soleil – Scanner – Bine
5. Music for Falling from Trees, Pt. 2: Patient Observation – Peter Broderick – Erased Tapes
6. No Way Out – Harmonic 313 – Warp
7. Poptones – Public Image Limited – Virgin
8. C.R.E.E.P – The Fall – Rough Trade
9. Bad Science – Rustie – Wireblock
10. Suburbia – Martyn – Apple Pips
We haven’t done a chart for a while and most these days have to be linked to sales of MP3′s so here’s one that isn’t!
1. Nathan Fake – Drowning In A Sea Of Love – Border Community
2. The Fall – 458489 Asides – Wea
3. Robin Rimbaud – Rockets, Unto The Edges Of Edges – Bine Music
4. The Black Dog – We Are Sheffield – Soma
5. Harmonic 313 – When Machines Exceed Human Intelligence – Warp
6. Devo – Workforce – Live CD
7. Moderat – Moderat – Bpitch
8. My Bloody Valentine – Loveless – Creation
9. P.i.L – Metal Box – Virgin
10. DJ Hell – Teufelswerk – International
Check out the short interview we did for DJ Mag when we played up in Glasgow last month. Click here for the small “browser friendly” version or here for a massive jpg
The Black Dog:We Are Sheffield EP
A1. Tunnels Ov Set (Crookes Mix)
A2. Tunnels Ov Set (The Bass Soldiers’ Manor Top Mix)
AA1. Tunnels Ov Set ( Autechre Remix)
AA2. Tripside Syndicate
Visit the minisite: http://www.furthervexations.com
It was possible that the Black Dog Mark 2 would simply take up where the original line-up left off but ‘Vexations’ — the third album from the new members — proves once again that there’s no danger of The Black Dog ever standing still. There is some reference to their last two albums ‘Silenced’ and ‘Radio Scarecrow’ on the deep electronic textures of ‘Biomantric L-if-E’ but that’s where any similarities end. ‘You’re Only SQL’ could be the accompanying music as the hero chases the villain up a skyscraper in a Hollywood blockbuster — its chilling strings and clipped breaks adding to the sense of drama. Meanwhile, ‘Northern Electronic Soul Parts 1-3’ pursues a different agenda with their stripped back rhythms, subtle bass pulses and acid gurgles providing a considered take on minimal techno. That’s not to suggest that the dogs have mellowed out. ‘Tunnels Ov Set’ is a bleak serving of bassy techno while the muttered vocals, cut-up rhythms and stop-start nature of ‘Skin Clock’ and ‘Dada Mindstab’ are closer in ideology than sound to the ‘Bytes’ and ‘Spanners’-era Black Dog. ‘Cctv Nation’, contrastingly, is an epic, Kenny Larkin-inspired Detroit techno anthem. And that they manage to use the whole thing as an opportunity to put their bugbears about modern society under their own spotlight proves yet again that there’s more bite to their bark than expected.
Further Vexations is our artistic response to 21st century rat on your neighbour smokefree Britain. It is an attempt to capture and express our emotional frustrations, and the trials and tribulations of living in an un-democratic surveillance society. The seeds of nihilist despair and apathy are well and truly sown amongst the citizens of Airstrip One. We’ve helplessly watched with mounting horror, while the government trashed the country, signed away its sovereignty to Brussels (with a flourish of a specially minted silver pen), sold off precious national industries and assets at next to bargain basement prices, and indulged itself with two utterly pointless wars which it couldn’t afford. We were promised a vote. A referendum. A chance to change things but an unelected politician chancellor man decided not to bother. To say we are pissed off about it, would be an understatement.
Flash Audio Player
Purchase Further Vexations on CD or Triple 180gram Vinyl – First 100 orders from Duststore come with:
The Black Dog Live At Bozar 21/03/09 CDr. SOLD OUT
This is an exclusive 1hr live ambient set and will never be released commercially or as a free download.
Mastered By The Black Dog. Each copy signed by a member of The Black Dog. Each copy hand numbered.
Limited Triple 180gram Vinyl Edition SOLD OUT
The Triple Vinyl version is something special, pre-mastered at Dogma Towers, Mastered and Cut By Simon Francis and pressed on 180gram vinyl. Sleeve artwork from the fantastic Dust, hand screen printed, hand numbered and limited to 500 copies.
Please note that the album does NOT ship until 27/04/09 but demand will be high so we advise you get your order in sharpish.
We’ve just finished mastering the live recording from BEMF, Bozar and we’re pretty pleased with the results. We’ve only had to edit out two pieces of music out to ensure it fits on a CDr, the total runtime is 73 minutes.
We’ve also ended up making up 110 units as we forgot to turn off the special offer on our website and a few more people put orders in, so rather than disappoint we’ve add 10 more units to the original 100, we hope you lot don’t mind.
Many thanks to all the people that mailed in offering money, kit and their wife’s/girlfriend’s to try and get a copy but we’ll have to turn you down, sorry. Many thanks to all those who have supported us live and purchased things from Duststore, it really does help us pay the rent and continue to spend our time making music rather than doing something we’d rather not.
BEMF, Bozar Tracklist:
1. Ov Mind
2. Kissing Someone Elses D.O.G
3. Bolt 33 Glitch & Chin
4. Biomantric L-if-E
5. Mental Ward Sleep Machine (Beatless Version)
6. 4 3s 555 [Part 2]
8. Witches Ov
9. Lam Vril
10. Stempel (Edit)
11. Ov Magick (unreleased)
12. They Came In The Night (unreleased)
13. Later Vexations (Fragments)
14. Skin Clock
15. Tunnels Ov Set
16. Dada Mindstab
17. Siiiipher (Reworked From Bass Soldier Forgemaster Remix)
18. Short Wave Lies
19. We Are Haunted
20. CCTV Nation
“I think they want to turn us all into numbers, and know what we are up to 24 hours a day. If you spend something, they want to know about it. If you read a book, they want to know about it. If you send an email, they want to read it.”
Chatting about the parallels between George Orwell’s 1984 and the Britain of today, Black Dog founder member Ken Downie admits he’s alarmed.
“Oh, and they have your individual fingerprints and DNA data in their files, too,” he points out. “Nobody voted for the surveillance society, as I recall. But step by step it has crept into our lives.”
Black Dog’s new album ‘Further Vexations’ is underlined by ‘a dark cynicism of the Orwellian practices being carried out by the Government’, the accompanying press release explains, though fellow TBD man Martin Dust is anything but resigned.
“This surveillance society is pretty frightening and the other thing is, it won’t stop “terrorism”. They’ve learnt nothing and they treat people as if they’re stupid though as far as I can see most people are doing nothing about it,” he observes.
“We need to bring back a sense of community to the working classes and rise up and fuck these upper class twits off – they are fucking everything up, they’ve been riding our backs for too long and I for one have had enough of the cunts,” he storms. (more…)
The vinyl for Further Vexations came early this morning and is now safely stored at Dust Towers, ready to be packed when the sleeves have been hand screened and numbered. Each piece of vinyl will be packed by hand by a member of The Black Dog, the things we do for the love of vinyl
Check for updates on our Flickr account here:
Many thanks to everyone who made speedy purchase through Duststore for Further Vexations, we’ve now sold out of editions that will come with the free CDr. Many thanks for the support Dogsquad.
The image above is the venue we’ll be recording the CDr in, can we just say WOW!!!
Over the years we’ve be looking for strong visual artists to work with but having seen far too many bad club visuals and VJ’s playing videos of a cartoon Arnold Schwarzenegger smoking a joint we’d almost given up hope! A call from a friend said that we should go and check out Scanner and Olga’s work. We’ve been following Robin’s work for some time but living in the studio or on the road for the last two years meant we’d missed out on his latest work. After some research we found this absolutely astounding piece of work from Robin and Olga:
Further investigation just revealed even more pieces of work we instantly fell in love with, please check out Olga’s work on the link below and Scanners work by Clicking Here.
We’ll be playing a special ambient/electronica set with Olga on 21st March - Belgium - Bozar
Olga Mink is a dutch video artist living in the Netherlands. She was selected number 11 on DJmag’s VJ top 20 this year. Her work ranges from experimental video, installation and live cinema to new media curating for festivals. With a strong emphasis to conceptual approaches, her work crosses boundaries between music, photography, architecture, poetry, nature, public spaces, engaged themes. She is currently producing an HD video installation for the The 2nd Biennial of the Canary Islands in collaboration with Scanner. She also is developing a live cinema tour called The Nature of Being with Scanner, presenting an unique multichannel audiovisual experience. She released work on NoTV, Meakusma, Triggermotion, Bip-Hop, Steamingsounds and Lightrhythmvisuals amongst others.
Olga’s Home Page
Our first release for 2009 (on Soma) and the first tracks to be taken from our new album Further Vexations. Available to purchase soon.
The Black Dog Live, Dopplereffekt,
Mugwump Dj Set , Krikor , Danton Eeprom Live , Matias Aguayo , Michael Mayer vs Superpitcher Dj Set as Supermayer , D A R K O , Varoslav , dOP Live , Guy Gerber Live , DJ Morpheus , Discodesafinado Live , Svarte Greiner Live , Millimetrik Live
With its mix of beats and melodies, the German label Kompakt has been in the vanguard of the minimal-techno scene for over ten years now. It will set the tone for an evening with a clubbing emphasis (VarOslaV, Guy Gerber, DJ Morpheus, and Darko), but that will also allow for excursions – in seated concerts – towards more atmospheric kinds of music, exploring new sound textures (Svarte Greiner and Millimetrik). Plus rare appearances by those two legendary giants of the world of electronic music, Dopplereffekt and The Black Dog
The Black Dog will be doing a special ambient set with video artist Olga Mink.
Synopsis:Cannabis is the world’s favourite drug, but also one of the least understood. Can cannabis cause schizophrenia? Is it addictive? Can it lead you on to harder drugs? Or is it simply a herb, an undervalued medicine?
Addiction specialist Dr John Marsden discovers that modern science is finally beginning to find answers to these questions. John traces the cannabis plants’ birthplace in Kazakhstan; finds the origins of our sensitivity to cannabis in the simple sea squirt; and finds out just what it does to our brains.
He meets people who have been changed by this drug in drastically different ways – from those whose lives have been shattered to those who lives have been revived.
Key talent John Marsden?
The Black Dog
03 Feb 200921:00BBC Two
03 Feb 200921:00BBC HD
We are pleased to announce that our latest album is being mastered and will drop on 09/04/09 on Soma. More news, website and samples to follow.
The Black Dog – Further Vexations
1. Biomantric L-if-e
3. Phil: Because Ov, indeed
4. You’re Only SQL
5. We Are Haunted
6. CCTV Nation
8. Northern Electronic Soul [Part 1]
9. Northern Electronic Soul [Part 2]
10. Northern Electronic Soul [Part 3]
11. Skin Clock
12. Dada Mindstab
13. Tunnels Ov Set
14. Later Vexations
15. Kissing Someone Else’s D.O.G