Archive for February 2008
Posted on 28th February 2008 in News
1. Space Bird – System 7 – A-Wave Records
2. Reykjavik – Function – Sandwell District
3. Powers Of Ten – Portable – Sud Electronic
4. Convoy – Marlow – Black Acre Records
5. Trust – Luca Bacchetti – Wagon Repair
6. In The Trees (C2 Remix) – Faze Action – K7
7. You Are Here – Nathan Fake – Border Community
8. Floods – The Black Dog – Soma
9. Kout – Jakes – Hench
10. 2 Steps Back – Jakes – Hench
Posted on 19th February 2008 in Releases
Set To Receive EP
A. Set To Receive
B1. EVP Echoes
B2. Short Wave Lies [Live]
New Single released on 17/03/08 and the final tracks to be taken for the forthcoming album Radio Scarecrow. Already getting charted and played by the like of Louis Osbourne, Laurent Garnier and Claude Young.
Laurent Garnier ? Black Dog as good as ever.
Claude Young ? The Black Dog has done it again! Deep funky electronics presented by the masters of the game. This release is definitely something for the mind body and soul. 10/10?
Denise Breidbach ? Great release, all three tracks are massive ?hits?!!! Absolutely stunning. 10/10?
Posted on 8th February 2008 in Press
This is the second part of the interview we did with Jonty Skrufff about the Radio Scarecrow and various other bits and bobs.
1. Starting with the press release: it says ?since the release of Silenced in October 2005 The Black Dog have been working delicately on its successor?: ?working delicately? is an unusual phrase: why ?delicate?: what does the term mean in practical terms?
[Martin] It doesn?t seem that unusual to me, music and the whole creative process is delicate by its very nature. The slightest thing can throw it completely off, even if you are making the most violent kind of music. This is why we created special mixes
[Ken] To me, it means “carefully crafted” and hand stitched with love. This was not the time to say “fuck it, that will do”. A lot of extra tweaking beyond the call of duty went into the album. It took six months to put the tracks into their correct (and final) order, for instance.
[Martin] Jesus, I still have 67 cdr?s in the car with all the different tracks and track orders on them, that was a real quest but it?s something that you have to do if you love music. It has to be right.